Monday, December 12, 2011

Yummy Play Dough

I have been searching for a good playdoh recipe for a while now.  I have scoured sites looking for the perfect one.  I ended up finding a great one from one of the teachers in my daughter's mommy and me class, but now that the holidays are upon us...I started looking again. 

I thought that playdoh would be a great gift for lots of "little friends" at school and the neighborhood--plus it's pretty thrifty too.   I stumbled upon a great one over at The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle, that costs only a few cents to make.  Gingerbread playdoh!!! Why didn't I think of that?

I've tried adding different smelling oils in the past, but they didn't turn out great.  This one smells good enough to eat and adding dry spices doesn't change the texture of the dough.  I made some for birthday presents, and my kids were begging me to make some for them.  I found some containers at the 99 cent store and voila... instant gift. .  I think these will be a real hit in the neighborhood this year.  If you are looking for a fun and quick project...give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment