Monday, May 21, 2012

My Silent Auction Babies

My son's school is having a silent auction to raise money for their enrichment, arts, and traditional programs that LAUSD has cut.  We are so lucky to be a part of a school that each year finds a way, by donations and the Colfax World Fair, to keep these amazing programs going.  I decided to try and do my part.  We don't have much in way of extra money, so I am using my craftiness to hopefully raise some money for the school.  Every bit helps.

I named them Caryn and Portia and made birth certificates and care cards.  This has been a real labor of love, especially since I couldn't move my neck to sew for over 6 weeks.  After making the first doll, I took a break to do other stuff.  But then I woke up a few weeks later with a bulging disc.  I was in so much pain- unable to move or sew.  Physical therapy helped and I was able to finish the second.  I still have pain (and now have pulled something in my lower back), but I have passed off the dolls to the silent auction coordinators. 

I feel like I have learned so much with these two, but I still have a lot more to learn.  I can't wait to try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment