Monday, May 11, 2009

New Diaper Fabric


I just got some new fabric today. It is a PUL so the diaper that I made will be waterproof. I like to have a variety of diapers. I know that wool, bamboo, and cotton is better for the environment, but there are times that I want the convenience of something waterproof. Plus, wool does require a bit more care. You don't want to dry wool in the dryer. You should hand wash it and lay it flat to dry. No wringing for wool! And it does have to lanolized now and again. That takes more time than I think I will have with a toddler and a baby.

So here it is! My new diaper with cool new PUL fabric. I'm pretty excited. I would love to put snaps on them to make the one size a bit easier to deal with, but I do not have a snap press. The money it would cost to get a snap press is probably not worth it, since I'm only making diapers for me. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment