Sunday, May 17, 2009

Night-Time Trainers


My son is finally sleeping for 10 hour stretches at night at 2 1/2 years old. I am so happy, but the issue now is that he is peeing through his pull ups. I tried waking him up in the middle of the night, which worked a couple of times, but ultimately made him want to get back into bed with me! I was happy to have my bed back, especially since I'm pregnant again, and I was unwilling to give in. This made for a lot of crying and me trying to get him back to sleep in his bed for hours in the middle of the night!

So, I have tried to make some night-time covers. The first pair ended up being too small. I'll just use it for a cover for the new baby. The second, was a little tight. It worked, but was hard for my son to get on and off by himself. Then I decided to use some wool fabric that I had for the third. Well, it wicks wonderfully - but because it is woven fabric, the pee just rolled off and on to his clothes. I'll have to use it for the day maybe. Now the forth is PUL fabric, 4 layers of fleece, and micro-fleece lining. He should be able to wear these alone as waterproof pull-ups.

Most everything I use is re-purposed fabric. All the flannel comes from old receiving blankets. The fleece comes from a variety of places. The PUL is new.

Next, I'm going to try my had at knitting some wool ones. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment