Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wool Longies

I have finally knit some wool longies. I wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. It took me about 3 days (only knitting at night in front of the TV), because there is no way I can knit during the day when the kids are up.

I think they turned out super cute, and I am ready to knit some shorts for my son and another pair of longies (with a different pattern). These were knit with the Tiny Birds Organics Longies pattern. It was really easy and she has everything written out for you.

Right now, I am looking at knitting in the round (no seams to sew) but I am a little intimidated. They use words like grafting legs, short rows, double pointed needles, and magic loop! I have no idea how to do any of that, so I'm going to head over to my favorite knitting store ( The Stitch Cafe in Valley Village www.stitchcafe.com) and ask for some help. I'll have to figure out when I can do that, since it's probably not good to bring a baby and a 3 year old into a shop full of yarn balls. The baby I'm sure would not be the problem, but the other one... It would be like a play day for a giant cat!

When I finish, I'll have to post pictures. I'm also trying to get ready for the holidays, so I'll be making a lot of felt foods and toys, along with soaps and knitted washcloths. I even have a cute neck scarf to knit for someone special. Well here's to happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment